Laruns and it's nearby attractions!
There are many things to discover and places to visit in and around Laruns in the Pyrénées Atlantiques region :
- Pyrénées National Park
- The Aubisque pass hiking trail takes you into the val d'Azun or reach the Tourmalet pass by visiting Luz St Savier and Baréges on the way...why not take a day trip to Lourdes and Gavarnie.
- The « Petit train d'Artouste » is a narrow gauge tourist railway which climbs to the highest altitude in Europe offering splendid views of « le Cirque d'Arrémoulit » and it's lakes.
- Hike to the lakes high up in the mountains (Isabe, Ayous, Artouste, ...)
- Discover the mythical mountain passes which are part of the Tour de France (l'Aubisque, Marie Blanque, Tourmalet, ...)
- Discover the Arudy museum, the villages and the churches in the valley which are brimming with history.
- 30 minutes from Spain, the Aragonaises valleys with it's many characteristic villages.
- Spas, Eaux-Bonnes and Eaux-Chaudes with their health farms.
- Bétharram caves, Asson zoo, Pau castle and the three valleys (Aspe, Ossau, Barétous)
- Laruns night market every Thursday evening and the weekly market every Saturday morning.